Friday, September 23, 2016

Currently!

I've been wanting to write a little update on how things are going recently, but writing a wall of text aka a blog post has felt a little overwhelming..... However I liked this post & its format so much and it inspired me to do the same. So here goes.
throwback to baby lewis and baby paige BEFORE we were even dating
Currently loving: Lewis - feeling all the feels these days. A lot of nostalgia for what-is-soon-to-be "Our Old Life" as just two people who could/did spontaneously go out for dinner, sleep in on Saturdays, and/or travel unencumbered by stuff (see above...I imagine going to Peru would be harder with a baby...). Remembering how fun it's been just the two of us and definitely sad that this chapter is coming to a close...Also feeling super grateful for Lewis and how well he takes care of our little family and knowing how much I'll need him in the next few months, realizing how much I rely on him already... Insert all the heart-eye emojis!!! [also loving a new IKEA bookshelf we bought last weekend - our first bookshelf! splurge! it currently houses diapers, baby blankets, and books]

Currently eating: smaller meals! It felt like for weeks I was eating soooo much of literally everything. As in, three peeled carrots instead of one or four Milanos instead of one. You get the picture. But recently (!!) my diet has decreased slightly? No longer eating all day every day. AND excellent news for me - I didn't gain any weight between my last two doctor's appointments! Although a part of me just thinks the first appt, she was a little overagressive with the slidey scale and the following appt, a little conservative - because I feel like this little dude has definitely gotten heavier AKA I should have gained some weight. At least, I have more stretch marks to show for it :/ Anyways. Craving nothing new/in particular, even though I still get asked all the time. If anything, sugar (but that was the case pre-pregnancy too). Also wine. Dying for wine. SO CLOSE. I made myself a "Postpartum Recovery Kit" and am very seriously tempted to put a bottle of super dry white wine in there...yum...

Currently reading: Blah. Nothing quite yet. Recently finished Truly Madly Guilty which was very distracting and pretty good. A friend had recommended another of her books and I burned through it on our honeymoon last year. Same level of brain capacity required and it was fun! I liked it. 3/5. I tried to start The Happiest Baby on the Block but it was giving me anxiety attacks about all the problems our baby might have, the lack of sleep we'll have, and all the techniques I don't know ETC - so I stopped. Back to the library it goes. I think I'm just done with parenting/baby books for now. There was a period where that's all I read and that was fun! But now I need distractions from this impending colossal change. My kindle is holding a whole bunch of stuff I downloaded but haven't looked at yet (it was dead) and last night, I thought about starting The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks which I have been dying to read for years and borrowed from my in-laws a few weeks ago. But then I went to sleep. SO that's probably next on the rotation.

Currently annoyed by: the weather. It looks like it should be 55 degrees outside when in reality, it's still like 85 every day. Yuck. It's too hot and gross and I'm done with the heat. On the plus side, virtually nothing fits of me, so I'm still getting away with wearing minimal clothing in public.

Currently listening to: podcasts while I nap !! This is big for me. I am a serial NON-NAPPER. It's impossible! I think it's a weird version of FOMO.... that if I fall asleep during the day for 30 mins, I'll miss out on something or not be productive or accomplish x. But this week, I put on a podcast (aka something "productive") and laid in bed with the lights off and the fan on and passed out. It was totally awesome.

Currently wearing: like one pair of black lululemon pants from 8th grade (I kid you not - they still fit, are still amazing, literally best clothing purchase of my life) and three different maternity t-shirts. That's basically it. I can't wait to wear real clothes again. I should probably buying some black maternity leggings to get me through winter (since I'm not anticipating too many pairs of pants fitting for a while...). Recommendations welcome.

Currently watching: Friday Night Lights for the first time ever. I never watched it while it was airing, but am now super into it. It's not compelling enough (usually) to just sit and watch, but it's on while I do emails, laundry, blah blah blah and I love it. LOVE Coach and Tammy, duh. HATE Matt's grandma (I know, so heartless) and sometimes, Julie. Actually love Buddy. There you go.

Currently looking forward to: an eviction around October 10 if not sooner and hopefully not later.
Currently wanting: a live-in maid, my old body back (I look at photos from this time last year ish and am SHOCKED by how good I looked - in comparison! ha! - and remember how I didn't think so then. Oh how the turned tables have turned), a water bottle that holds more than 32 oz. of water because I go through a normal Nalgene so fast, a massage.
Currently doing: eating leftover chocolate chip pancakes in bed, just finished my tea, time to replenish the tea and get a yogurt! So exciting. Meeting friends for lunch in a bit and going to Oktoberfest at our church tonight... $1 hotdogs + $3 beers = happy Lewis and happy me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment