27 weeks, 4 days......July 15
It's been so long since I've recorded anything! Some updates:
- have been feeling you kick ALL the time, several times per day
- your favorite times to kick & be very awake are early in the morning (like, 5am) or late at night (10-11pm). It makes me think you're probably awake while I'm sleeping...your kicking doesn't wake me up (yet) but every time I wake up in the middle of the night, you wake up too and start squirming around and kicking (so then I have a hard time falling back to sleep).
Intermission true story time: I woke up at 5:20am today for this exact reason. What the what.
- at around 23-24 weeks, your kicking and moving was strong enough to be seen from the outside! That's been really cool - that I can just look down and see you moving.
- it's been super hot in Denver so I've had a lot of swelling in my hands (especially) and my feet. I can't wear any of my rings :( It's pretty uncomfortable.
- My appetite really ramped up around 22 weeks - I could eat huge meals and still feel hungry and need to eat all the time! Like this:
*sometimes I'd wake up around 6 am hungry...
9 am - breakfast
10:30am - snack
12:30pm - lunch
2:00pm - snack
4:00pm - snack
6:00pm - dinner
8 pm - snack
10 pm - snack
But it's recently (this week) decreased a little bit. Who knows.
- Energy levels between 21-26 weeks were awesome and I felt super good every day! Sleep was easy, everything tasted good, I felt really good. This week has been a little more uncomfortable (feet, hips, and especially my lower back...) and I'm a little more tired than usual. The peak of pregnancy may have passed :( but I hope not! It could also just be the heat.
Other practical things:
- signed up for birthing classes in September! We'll be cutting it close to the due date so here's hoping you don't come too early!
- going to meet pediatricians next week
- pre-registered at the hospital this week
- am starting to think about what to pack in our hospital bags (oh! We had a baby shower! And got tons of stuff! :))
- I bought you two potential "going home" outfits this week! :) The first thing I've bought and picked out for you! Also bought a baby book and started to fill it out.
- FINALLY, over July 4th weekend, Daddy and I talked about your name! Our top contenders are:
_____________ & ______________ (if you were a girl, we liked Charlotte, Clare, and Fiona).
I don't think we'll decide on a name until you're born :)
[And in case you, dearest reader, think we are going to reveal those names, think again! Haha!
We're - I'm - reaching the point in pregnancy where I get a looooootttt of opinions on everything under the sun and so I'm filtering out 99% of it... it's getting tougher to be gracious about why we should/shouldn't do X or whether you like a name we've chosen. SO, the name(s) is under wraps until he's born, at which point we'll say "Welcome to the world Blah-Blah-Blah" and everyone will go "Oh we love it/him/the name/everything!!!!!" which is the perfect response.]
No cravings (fruit and vegetables maybe?) Beef is still gross but not vomit-inducing.
Every day that passes only increases my excitement to meet you!! We love you so so much already and talk about you all the time!