Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Around here lately...

Last night, I woke up at 3:30am and could not, for the life of me, fall back asleep. The blankets were all wrong and too loose (I like them tight across my whole body and the heavier the better), I was hot, it's suddenly like a desert here in Denver and I could practically feel my cuticles shrinking. And of course, once I was awake, I couldn't stop thinking about the millions of things I want to do or need to do, including writing a little update! I was obsessing over the total lack of pictures we took this weekend and how decidedly boring this update will be because I'll be breaking the cardinal rule of blogging (no pictures!!).

OH WELL. Although perhaps to compensate I'll include whatever most recent photos I have. You're welcome. Here's a very exciting picture I sent to Corey during one of our marathon texting sessions. We're in our usual evening poses - Lewis playing a video game, me doing something on my computer with a cup of decaf Constant Comment. BOTH on the couch, in pajamas.
On Friday night, Lewis came home exhausted from the week. Apparently, it was a series of: things break, Lewis fixes it, someone needs Lewis's help, something else breaks, etc. While he really does love his job, he's an introvert and was just wiped out from talking so much. I, on the other hand, am incredibly jealous that he gets to talk all day. I think we'd both happily switch with each other. (He's sitting next to me and heartily affirms the sentiment.)

So on Friday, he walked in the door and surprise! I hadn't meal planned anything. Several reasons: sheer and utter laziness and boredom meal planning (it saves so much money and actual time during the week but I hate doing it...) AND it would have required another trip to the grocery store. Given that it was the end of the month, we were really trying to spend as little as possible to put as much as possible into savings. SO we did what all thrifty, responsible, hardworking adults would do and promptly decided to go out to dinner.
It was AMAZING. Then we went home at fell asleep at 9:30pm. Also amazing.

Even if I had taken pictures on Saturday, they would have been so boring. But let me regale you anyways with an update! Lazed around in the morning. Facetime'd with my parents. Went for a run in the sunshine (ALWAYS sunny in Denver! But in classic Colorado fashion, a blizzard appeared a mere 6 hours later). Went to Mass and then made hamburgers and baked potato wedges for dinner. I can't remember what we did Saturday night. I think nothing.

And to wrap up the exciting weekend (it was actually purposely not exciting - we/Lewis needed some downtime), we went to the zoo!! The Denver Zoo has "free days" throughout the year and this Sunday was one of them. It was freezing (again - blizzard) but lots of animals were still out and about and we had the best time.
I stared into these eyeballs. So cute! So deadly.
 Gerald the giraffe.
A wild pack of family dogs.

All in all, a wonderful weekend. We had some great news (more on that later) and got lots of rest and delicious food in. No updates on the friends situation - perhaps a small update on the job situation though! Still wading through layers of bureaucracy, so if it all works out, I'll definitely do an update. We'll see. Happy Tuesday! (Can you believe Lent starts next week??? What are you giving up/adding? We need ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment